Thursday, July 06, 2006

Kitty


This is Kitty, a very old stray cat. I was visiting a cat rescuer, Veron's(http://myanimalfamily.blogspot.com/) house when I saw the poor thing loitering around the letter box area. He(i think is a he) was very dirty, skinny and mouth full of lumps and mucus. Veron told me not to touch it because it has FIV. Kitty was very affectionate, keeps wanting bf and me to pat her. Concerned for the cats in Veron house. we walked away. Perhaps what he really want is just some cuddling. Yet because of his appearance, everyone avoided him. It breaks my heart to see him in such a pitiful situatiuon. Nevertheless, after we left the Veron house, we went to take some cat food from our car and fed the fella, I saw that he has a little difficulty putting the food in his mouth. After we go home, I couldn't take my mind off this cat. We asked Veron about his condition. She was rather certain Kitty has FIV and a bad case of abcess(http://myanimalfamily.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_myanimalfamily_archive.html), told me it's almost useless to bother. Told me it's better to put him down, but added that it is not very good because a malay family is feeding it and they do not believe enthunasia. Oh God, the more I hear these comments, the more I'm determined to save this kitty. Just like in Bobby's case, everyone gave him up and encouraged me to put him to sleep. i didn't gave up and that subject me to people's criticism. I didn't care. As long as Bobby was happy with me, I wouldn't give him up til he has to painfully go through several operations.

We brought Kitty to the vet and did several tests on him. FIV and kidney's tests are both negative. Hooray!! I couldn't contain my joy. :) However, Kitty has lots of big and small lumps in his mouth. That explained why he couldn't properly absorbed the nutrients and thus so skinny. The above photo is at his foster house(http://animal.welfare.tripod.com/) now. Much cleaner and chubbier. But Foster Mum commented that he is very wild and fights with other cats. Opps... naughty kitty. Anyway, i'll be putting kitty to animal shelter soon. Will Visit him whenever I could.

No comments: