Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bobby Boy




This is Bobby. He has perhaps the most heart-breaking story of the lot. He has in-born neurological problem in which results in him not able to control his movements. I fostered bobby for around 1 month and passed to a lady who said she could take care. But in the end, I guess she could no longer take it and returned back to us. There was a thread with the more completed story about bobby. But I think it is no longer around.

I put bobby to sleep when he was oly 11 months old. I really couldn't bear to see bobby falls with a loud thud after each step he takes. I could feel a sharp knife pierce through my heart whenever he struggles to walk to me : (. Each step he takes is painful for him, yet he seldom gives up, knowing everytime he reaches me, i will give him a tight hug and lots of praises. It really wasn't easy to take care of bobby. But each time I saw him walk a step successfully, I smiled and sometimes cry in happiness. But his body weight took a toll on his weak legs. He developed a hugh lump each at his elbows from his constant falling down. Almost a thousand dollars were spent on his vet fees, not including the fees for his constant visits to the vet. But the lump still came back and it will continue too. At the last straw, the kind vet hospitalised him for free to constantly draws out the red liquid from his elbows. The vet asks me to make a decision. The last I saw bobby at the cage, he was really happy to see me, falling everywhere just to reach me. But still, I decided to put him down that day. I cried non-stop when I reach home. I love you, Bobby. I miss you so much. If I had my own house, you will have your own carpeted room for you to crawl about. Then, I will not have to end your poor life this way. May God bless your tiny soul wherever you go.

No comments: