Friday, February 06, 2009

More cute pictures and the sad irony

Ok, so not much people contacted me regarding Jasper's adoption. So sad! Maybe I have not posted enough cute pictures of the cutie. Here they are....

Jasper favourite sleeping position

Itchy itchy scratchy scratchy

Cute boy!

Ready, go, LEAP!



2 days ago. Sharlene and I went to where his siblings were. I said were because they were being taken to SPCA. I fully understand the ironies that the very people who so willingly spent time, money and love on them, could harden their hearts at that moment to bring the screaming puppies to SPCA. Please don't hate them or the SPCA. HATE those who abandone their dogs! Breeders who keep churning out puppies when there are a overwhelming population of them. And of cos consumers/buyers like you who still insist to get a pup from a pet shop... Sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont quite agree with you.
if they are still puppies, it will be better off than to roam on the street, starving for food and knock down by vehicles.

not all strays can always bump into good souls like you.

hope u dont mind my frank opinion.

jingjing said...

Dun agree with me?? I mean to say that these peopls who love and rescue animals have to harden their heart to bring the puppies to the SPCA because of those who abandone their dogs. And those who complaint about strays. I understand their feelings and feel sad for them. I AM angry with those breeders and irresponsible owners. Unless of cos if you are one of them.....

Anonymous said...

I can understand. I found a tiny kitty and thought I could help take care and nurse her and find someone who can adopt her when she is bigger as I did it previously to 3 kitties who are 2 weeks old. I brought kitty to Dr Kenneth and he told me she had virus and eye infection which could spread to my home pets if I bring her home. It may be hard for kitty to survive also. I tried calling a shelfter to see if they could take her and nurse her as I have already brought her to the vet and spend over $100 on her. Sadly they can't. Hubby won't let me take kitty home too as he feared for my pets. I have to harden my heart and bring her to SPCA knowing that she will be put down. I cried throughout the journey and after that. In fact...I felt I had bonded with her even if it's a few hours from the time i found her, to the trip to the vet and then to SPCA. It' was a heartbreaking decision and I still miss her thou months has pass. I kept telling myself perhaps she had a chance of survival if I nurse her yet I was afraid what if my pets get infected with the virus. The only consolation I had was to tell myself she may be better in heaven rather than being out in the street where she may be subjected to abuse.