Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Skinny weak black mongrel

Yesterday morning, on my way walking to the cattery, the 2 packs of dogs I always encountered were barking. Thinking that they are barking to each other again, I slowly walk past the first pack. Only then I saw that there is 2 newcomers between them. The black skinny one was lying on the grass unable to move, the brown skinny one was guarding her and growling softly at me. When I took out a cat canned food I bought for one of the sick cat in the cattery, he realised I wasn't trying to harm them. Peeling off the covers of my magazine, I quickly layed the food for them and pushed nearer to the black dog. She quickly lapped it out. The poor brown dog though hungry, let his friend ate all.

Knowing the cattery is understaffed,I quickly left. After locating my friend, Ena and a very ex transport, I quickly run out to see if they are still there. Only left the black one lying on the grass, the brown one is missing. I called out for the brown for a few good mins. Knowing that the transport is reaching and the the black dog is too weak to run away, I wanted to leave to continue my work. But it started drizzling, the black dog made no attempt to seek shelter. Even though I was tired from the running and cleaning, I picked up the dog and carried her to the cattery. I almost died on the way. Upon reaching the farm, the transport reach too. After a few mins, they left for the yishun vet.

Diagnosis shows that the dog has skin probs. Mites and parasites. Heartworm tests shows that he has either baby worms or few adult worms. If vet starts on treatment consisting of injections to kill the adult and baby worms, he might not survive due to her weak body. If given heartguard, the baby ones will die off and subsequently adult ones will die off in a few yrs. Dog might not live through that too. If dun treat, the dog will die. So I chose the less invasive one. Giving heartguard tomorrow. I urgently need someone to foster this dog because after she takes her heartguard, she can only exert minimal strength for better chances of survival. I cant take leave because poor me have to work and pay off vet and her future boarding charges. Luckily my dear friend Rayne wholeheartedly contributes towards the charges.

If anyone wants to visit her or foster her, pls call me at 81023019. Thanks.

Her pics




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she has such a sweet face!

i'll help you ask around for a foster home, hope she finds a home asap!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I suppose she has done the heartguard today... So how is she doing now?

jingjing said...

Last night actually. Great. Doc said she is more active already. Wants to stand up and walk ard slowly. Keep fingers cross.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Hope she get well soon...

And Jing Jing, wanna tell u that u are so great! So kind hearted... Wondering how you could managed ur work & taking care of so many dogs at the same time!

jingjing said...

My friends always say luckily I got a very supportive bf! Hahaha!I think so too!