Friday, March 16, 2007

My Jingle is back...

Lazy for not blogging earlier... Jingle has been back with me for the last 2 weeks. The adoption viewing has not been successful. My guess would be that Jingle is too active for their young kids. Nevertheless, I'm happy that they are considering adopting a mongrel. Situation over at the boarding shelter Jingle was in, is getting better. No new case of infected dogs. I'm impressed by their dedication towards their dogs.

On a lighter note, Jingle has been tearing the house apart. She decided that the cheap mattress I got for them is better in many pieces instead of 1, so she had them in a thousand pieces.

Actually sometimes I'm thinking, I look like the worse dogs owner among my friends. I have 4 dogs, but i have only 3 pathetic looking cushions for them, of it i divded 1 of them into 2. So that makes it 4. i only have 3 worn-out dog bowls which one of them is used to contain drinking water. So i had to divide the feedings to 2 times. I comforted myself that i only need to clean the bowls once. When i look at people with the amount of toys their dogs have, i only have second hand furry toys for them which are normally gone in days. I again comforted myself that they enjoyed tearing each other better. When i saw how my rescued then adopted dogs have expensive treats, i only buy those $6/100 pcs rawhides and thinks that is more value for money.

Hahaha.. i seems like a terrible owner, am i??

10 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

No way are you a "bad" owner - I think you are an angel for doing what you do, and helping all those poor doggies who have had a tough life.
Love costs no money - and lasts longer than toys.

Love
Opy

PS - I am going to put a shout out for you on my blog, I hope everyone will come read your blog and appreciate all your wonderful work.

Hammer said...

Dear Jing Jing

You are a wonderful owner and you are an angel to care for these poor dogs and cats.

Opy told me about your blog. I will add a link to your blog if this is okay with you.

I hope some humans start donating cushions and bowls and food to help you out very soon.

Take good care of yourself and all your furry friends

Love from Hammer

jingjing said...

Thanks Opy and Hammer. I'm just echoing the thoughts of my racsals at home. Haha... Thanks Guys.

e said...

You're not a terrible owner. On the contrary, your dogs have more fun because they have real love, real dogs to play with.
Fei is lonely by herself. I wish to god I can stay at home somehow... but I need to work. sigh. such is life.

always thinking about you,
Fei

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We saw your blog listed on the Bone Zone so we came to visit.

You sound like a wonderful owner. You have so much love for dogs who need it the most. People can buy lots of things for their pets but, if they don't give them love, the pet is miserable. We are happiest when Mom is sitting on the sofa and we are laying on top of her while she pets us. A loving touch is what counts most ... and a treat now and then is nice too!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Natasha Fernz said...

Hi there...

Hang in there and keep up the good work. I understand that it's difficult but the animals need you. Every little bit counts.

Hugs
Cleo

Sophie Brador said...

All dogs really want or care about is love, and you seem to have plenty of that for all of them. On another note, Sophie would be happy to send half of her toys. She'd never know they disappeared. :-)

Huskee and Hershey said...

No way are you a bad owner! I have lots (and I mean lots) of food and water bowls that the hoomans got for me that I hardly used (some I have not even used at all).. if you don't mind, my mum says she'll give them to you.. plus some of the new toys that they stash away in the cupboard for me in case the old ones fall apart (they think I don't know.. hahah), I am more than willing to share them. Mum said she'll deliver them to wherever's convenient for you. Mum and I would love it if you can take up our offer..
** You can leave a note in my CBox or email me at huskeeboy@gmail.com **

Anonymous said...

Hi Jing Jing,

You are a GREAT owner!

It is not all about money to care and love your animals. It is all about your heart and love. And, you definitely have a abundance of these.

I heard of a rich family which lives on a huge landed property but they kept their dog locked up in a bathroom since she was a puppy for 2 years!

There you go..it is not all about $$$$$.

You keep well.

jingjing said...

Thanks Guys for your comments.. I dun feel so terrible now... hehe... thanks huskeeboy, i'll thank you on behalf of my doggies.. Actually, sometimes is not I'm stingy abt toys and stuff. Is just that I would rather save the money for vet fees for the dogs I found, which sometimes accumulate to huge figures. Every bits count... :)