Monday, October 18, 2010

Grief for those who have left....

I miss Abraham so much, I woke up sobbing for his death. I grief for him and this unlock a safe of memories in my heart of dogs that I loved and have passed on. A stray dog I named Papa, Sanny, Bobby, Pom pom, Jacko, Lara, Sarah, Ah gong and Abraham and many other shelter animals I took care. I grieve not so much for Jacko for he has a wonderful loving adopter who loved him til he passed and maybe also for pom pom because she too received much love from her loving adopter for at least a year after he was rescued and found to have brain/nerve damage. But for the rest who was abandoned heartlessly, roaming the streets as unwanted strays, born with illnesses/deformities, kept in kennels for most of their lives and never got to enjoy sleeping on the couch, welcome their tired owner home from a long day with their powerful tail wagging, waiting at the dining table for food scraps and those that suffer much before they passed on, my heart ached for them so much that I cant function for days.



And so I started to imagine. I imagine that when animals passed on, they(with memories intact) will all go to heaven and God will help me pet them and tell them they have done a good job. While waiting for me to arrive, they regain their healthy body and do what dogs do. Roll around in the muddy field, play with unlimited supply with balls and squeaky toys but end of every heavenly day, they will all go to the Pearly gate and wait for me. One day, when(hopefully) I arrive in Heaven, they will all rush to me and lick me so much, I have to scream at them to stop.



I know many religions does not think that dogs and all other animals have souls. But I wished they really do have. Their passing creates a hole in my heart and knowing that my imagination is real allow me to continue to love and care for all the other living things.


Til then, I will continue to remember these animals in my heart and care for care for those who pass through my life and need some love.

1 comment:

Jia Xin said...

Hi, I just happen to chanced upon your blog. Really appreciate for all your (and your friends') effort in help saving these strays. Without you guys around, there'll be even more dogs who wont have the chance to enjoy lazing around the couch or getting pat by their owners. I understand how you feel for those who didnt get the chance to enjoy these but trust me, they've already got their biggest wish - to be found by you guys and need not suffer any more in their last few moments on earth. Therefore, dun be despair!
Once again, kudos to you guys! =D
And thanks for the effort!