Friday, May 18, 2007

For the Love of God...

Words from Our dear Mother Teresa :

"The most terrible proverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved."

"The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis but rather the feeling of being unwanted."

"There is more hunger in the world for love and appreaciation than for bread."

"We think sometimes that proverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The proverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest proverty. We must start in our homes to remedy this kind of proverty. "

"The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is there left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between."

"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."

"Everytime you smile at someone it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."

"In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love."

"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So spread your love everywhere you go."

Whenever I feel angry at someone, I think about Mother Teresa's words. I would then feel guilty because I let myself fill up with negative feelings rather than the love of God. Every other day, I would hold my bf hands and tell him in the eyes how fortunate I am to have met him. He never question me and would quietly support whatever I do. I like to think he is God's gift to me. Every other night, I would pray to God to ask for more strengths and faiths to continue the work I love and want to do, even though I am living in a family with great proverty. I pray to him not to permit me to have negative feelings to people around me even though they had disappoint me greatly.

2 comments:

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

She was a great woman JJ. She was very wise and did so much for the impoverished and the sick.

BIG hugs and love from Billy Boo:)

Luna said...

Hi JJ!! I love mother Teresa a lot too! She was one cool lady, the living saint.